Sunday, December 17, 2006

Some Links

This was pretty interesting:

http://www.denvergov.com/Blueprint_Denver/1323photo762.asp

And this was too, a 20 minute video on city-biking in Copenhagen:

http://www.vejpark.kk.dk/publikationer/index.asp?mode=detalje&id=498

I like the way people riding down the bike lane were talking to each other, and waving to people they knew on the street. Can you imagine if your commute were like that; instead of driving in your car, alone, screaming at the guy ahead of you who cut you off but can't hear you yelling anyways? Wouldn't you show up at school or work more happy, awake, and refreshed, from the air, the exercise, and the more positive attitudes?

So, on that note, I've decided that just because I bought a new truck, doesn't mean I have to use it. I've been doing my errands by bike the last few days, having made my peace with the cold (though it's been relatively mild lately). It makes me feel a lot better about it all, though now I'm back in the old place of questioning the value of owning a car, and the hundreds spent on insuring it, if I am not using it. But, with school coming up, I can't sell it this time. Damn.

Today at work it came out that I'm not at all afraid of heights, and never get that "sick" feeling in the stomach when I look down from a high place. Everyone else I've ever spoken to about it does, even if they aren't afraid of heights. I must be missing some important animal instinct. It probably means I'm going to fall off a cliff someday.

Also at work, one of my coworkers (shoutout to Vince!) who reads this blog said I should write a book. It's cool he said that, because I've been planning on doing just that. I've tried before but never had any idea where it was going, hoping I'd figure it out as I go along, so I never got very far. It's hard to write when you have no direction. This time, however, I have the whole plot pretty much formed, it's just some of the details I'll need to work out. It'll be fun. I think I'll go start right now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha thanks for the shout out bro. you really should write a book. you write better than anyone that I know and I enjoy reading everything you write.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh by the way that was me...vince haha

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home